Sunday, January 9, 2011

Thwarted

Ah, technology. You constantly find ways to ruin a Sunday.

As a birthday present to myself, using an unexpected Christmas work bonus, I got the deal of the century.

A beautiful Marantz home theater amplifier for a fraction of its original cost.

It was delivered bright and early this morning, along with a couple of Blu-Ray DVDs that I had bought to blow me away with True-Dolby sound this Sunday afternoon.

Eagerly, I ripped open the packaging, cleared (a lot of) space on my shelving unit, and placed the behemoth gently in its new home.

Only to discover that my current, cheap-ass home theater system uses stupid proprietary speakers that have their own special jacks.

Currently, then, I have a lovely, beautiful, hi-fidelity bookend on my shelves.

Look like someone's using the rest of the Christmas bonus on new speakers.


Here's my new shiny behemoth. Below it, as an example of scale, is the amplifier that I had been using up to this point. And which I guess I'll still be using for a while longer.

1 comment:

  1. When did you start blogging in Japanese? I understand nothing of this post. ;) Congrats on the paperweight!

    ReplyDelete