Sunday, January 23, 2011

Remembered.


While home for Christmas, my father and I visited the newish Canadian War Museum.

It was very well-done, and a fitting tribute to the men and women who shaped Canada's history, and gave their times and lives for a cause they believe in.

My father showed his Veteran's Card when we entered. We received not only free admission to the museum, but free parking, and vouchers for lunch at the cafeteria. It was a small gesture, but it still touched me to know that my father's career of service was appreciated. Because he really is my hero, and I'm very proud of everything he has accomplished.



The photo is of Regeneration Hall, which was designed by the architect to be a physical representation of hope for future generations. The window itself frames the Peace Tower of Canada's Parliament buildings. It was somber, but somehow very soothing being in there.

1 comment:

  1. your dad is my hero too. Not just for his service to his country.... but for having YOU too.

    ReplyDelete